AVAILABLE NOW !
We are currently distributing our latest Portmore Park & District Residents Association newsletter and membership form. PPDRA volunteers are delivering 1200 copies, to households in the roads we cover.
If you want to have an electronic copy — in lovely colour — you can download our
Why join PPDRA?
YOUR MEMBERSHIP CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
We help residents have a voice on local matters
We are a non-political, voluntary association of residents in north Weybridge who care about local quality of life, community and heritage. Open to all local residents.
PPDRA originated in the 1960s . We have a very positive record of making a difference on a range of major issues that affect our part of Weybridge:
- Campaigning against dangerous rat run traffic in our residential roads, helped get traffic calming measures and a 20 MPH zone (which many residents want extended east of Thames Street)
- Helped prevent a huge twin loop junction at Walton Bridge, which would have taken away public riverside land and sent more traffic along Walton Lane and Thames Street and through Portmore Park
- Worked to overcome obstacles to Broadwater Path — which gives public access to Broadwater, opening the way for public funding to save the lake from silting up
- Years of liaising with the Environment Agency on riverside amenities and flood planning
- Informed comment on local planning applications
- Conducting traffic surveys to monitor local flows
- Working with St George’s Junior School on community relations and school traffic
- Helping residents communicate with Surrey and Elmbridge Councils on local issues
- Newsletters, community meetings, website, and more!
We request an annual subscription to help cover costs, of £3 per member; £5 per household (or another sum if you wish)