A controlled parking zone (CPZ) is proposed in Wey Road and Round Oak Road, “to increase space for short stay visitors to Weybridge by discouraging all day parking by non-residents in these roads”. Surrey is inviting comments on the proposals by 2 October 2020.
Surrey County Council has put forward these proposals as a late addition to the previously drafted Weybridge parking review, in what we understand is an exceptional move in response to a request from residents in these roads.
We have heard very diverging comments on the proposals from local residents, and will make a summary of these available online.
Details of the Wey Road and Round Oak Road CPZ proposals are available on the Surrey County Council website, with the statement of reasons being the primary document, and the weybridge parking review drawings showing what is described in the statement of reasons.
If you would like to object, support, or comment on the proposals, you must do so by 2 October 2020, by either:
- filling in Surrey’s online survey, or
- writing, quoting ‘Elmbridge parking review’ to: Parking Team, Hazel House, Merrow Depot, Merrow Lane, Guildford, GU4 7BQ.
UPDATE – SCC Elmbridge Parking Review January 2021 findings and decisions
Wey Road, Round Oak Road
- Objections: 140
- Other comments: 6
- Support: 24
- Final decision: do not proceed.
- 11 objections (58%) and 8 comments in support (42%) from Round Oak Road residents
- 29 objections (66%), 12 comments in support (27%) and 3 other comments (7%) from Wey Road residents
- 76 out of 79 responses (96%) from outside of the two proposals roads were objections
Given that the analysis shows residents to be against the scheme and would be even if considerable amendments were made to it, and that non-residents were vehemently against the proposals, we have decided not to proceed with any changes to parking in Wey Road and Round Oak Road at the current time.